Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Day To Celebrate!


Before I share the great news, let me give you a little background on why it is so exciting! Since the day Beckett was born, he has been a pretty good sleeper. Our doctor told us that it isn't uncommon for newborn babies to confuse night from day. Well, we got lucky and our little bambino had absolutely no issues waking up fully in the middle of the night thinking it was morning. The bummer thing is however, when he does wake up in the morning, he's always VERY unhappy (not a morning guy!). Since the day he was born he has awaken every morning fussing, crying, cranky, grumpy, etc... Well today of all days we celebrate! Not only is it the Fourth of July, but Beckett woke up this morning in good spirits and happy as a little rested clam! Matt let me sleep in (as he always does on weekends God bless him) and when I woke up at 8:15am, Beckett was not downstairs. Matt came in to tell me he checked the baby monitor and instead of seeing a fussy, grumpy gus in the little screen, he saw a little curious and content, wide eyed face staring back at him. When he showed me I couldn't help but just love this little guy even more! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen! Hopefully this will be a start to a new trend! Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment