Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Messy Eater!


Over the last couple of months Beckett has been eating the majority of his meals all by himself! He does not like to be spoon fed and will let you know by smacking your hand (full of baby food) away and making an even bigger mess! This may come as a surprise but I can be obsessive compulsive in spurts. One day my house is a disaster and the next it is spotless and everything has to be in its place. Feeding Beckett is where my obsessive compulsion kicks in to overdrive. Normally I have to feed him bite by bite and if any gets on his face, I immediately wipe it off. I don't know why I do this since I know babies are supposed to get messy. They learn about their food through texture and sensory and it builds their fine motor skills but now that Beckett would rather feed himself, I have had to learn to let go and let him enjoy his meals. His doctor says that eventually he will gain the skills to feed himself with utensils and develop his table manners but until then, I think this little guy is having the time of his life!


No comments:

Post a Comment