Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Baby Food by Mommy

Beckett started rice cereal a few days ago with great success! As you probably witnessed from the video posted earlier, he LOVED his cereal and practically jumped out of his seat for every bite. A few days later I decided I was going to give him his first taste of fruits and vegetables. What do you give your baby for their FIRST food ever?! Oh the pressure! I settled on carrots since they were not as sweet as a fruit, but one of the sweeter vegetables I could introduce. But it doesn't stop there folks! Not only was I going to introduce his first ever taste of food, I Malaika Brown was going to make it myself! Now that's love people! (not really, but working full-time and making Beckett's food seems like an ambitious feat) My mom got me a really neat Baby Beaba food cube tray made from silicone so that I can make fresh baby food and freeze in easy to remove baby food "ice cubes". Of course they are really just high priced Williams Sonoma baby ice cube trays but they do look pretty cool! :) I just got finished making some sweet potatoes and am just about to put them in the freezer. My goal is to continue to make Beckett organic homemade baby food, but honestly I do have a pantry stocked with store bought jars as a back up since I am realistic and know that working full time and keeping up with my chubby baby's appetite may be more than I can handle at times. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment